We are open - safety is our top priority!
If your teeth lack the sparkle they once had, our experienced dentists can help you get your brilliant smile back. Aging, certain foods and drinks and smoking will make your teeth yellow. Even if you avoid coffee, tea and other dark-colored beverages and don’t smoke, your teeth will still yellow with age. Fortunately, in-office teeth whitening can give you back your bright smile. Don’t let yellow teeth age you unnecessarily. A teeth whitening treatment will help you look younger, healthier and full of vitality.
Why Is In-Office Teeth Whitening Better?
Professional teeth whitening is faster, more effective and safer than do-it-yourself whitening. A dentist uses a strong bleaching agent for almost immediate results, and the treatment is safe since skilled dental professionals supervise the whitening. You’ll have significantly whiter teeth in about one hour.
Teeth whitening treatments only whiten natural teeth and won’t affect the color of veneers, crowns and white fillings. Your dentist will evaluate your teeth before the treatment to make sure you’re a good candidate for bleaching, since it won’t whiten teeth that have stains from too much fluoride, medication, decay or tooth injuries.
Before your teeth whitening treatment begins, your dentist will check to see if you have cavities, receding gums or gum disease. These issues should be taken care of before having a teeth bleaching treatment.
If you have deep stains within your teeth, your dentist may suggest covering the tooth with a restoration. If you already have restorations, we can even out the color. We will do everything we can to give you the whitest smile possible. Call our office to arrange a teeth-bleaching consultation.
Where Can I Get a Strong Teeth Whitening At-Home Kit?
When you come in for an appointment, our teeth-bleaching dentist can supply you with a custom-made tray and professional-grade bleaching solution to use at home. You’ll be shown how to use the kit and told how long to wear the custom-made trays each day. This method is ideal if you prefer to whiten your teeth at home over a two-week period. The custom trays will keep the professional-strength bleaching gel off of your gums.
How Much Will It Cost to Be Treated by a Teeth-Bleaching Dentist?
We always do our best to keep our whitening fees affordable without sacrificing the quality of your care. Your teeth-bleaching cost will depend on the teeth whitening system used and how many treatments you require. If you need a take-home whitening kit or color matching for restorations, this will add to the cost. Contact our office to schedule a consultation, where one of our teeth-whitening dentists will determine your needs and let you know the expected cost.
Are Over-the-Counter Teeth Whitening Products Effective?
OTC toothpastes, whitening strips and other products don’t work as well as an in-office or take-home whitening treatment from a dentist. Dentists use a much stronger bleaching agent than OTC products can legally contain. If you have very mild staining, an OTC teeth-whitening toothpaste or other product can lighten your teeth by a shade or two, but that’s the limit of their effectiveness. A whitening toothpaste is simply one that’s more abrasive; it only scrubs away surface staining. If you use it for too long, it’s possible to do lasting damage. For fast, dramatic results, call us to book a teeth-bleaching appointment.
What Happens During an In-Office Teeth Whitening Procedure?
Having your teeth whitened is painless. While teeth whitening systems vary, the typical steps include:
- Your dentist will examine your teeth to determine the cause of the staining and to ensure that your discoloration will respond to the treatment, and discuss your expectations.
- You will have a professional teeth cleaning to remove plaque and tartar to achieve the best results.
- To expose the teeth that are visible when you smile, your dentist will place a cheek retractor in your mouth.
- A gel will be applied to your gums to protect them from the bleaching agent.
- Your dentist will apply bleach, remove it, and reapply as necessary until your teeth have reached their optimum whiteness. Some systems use a light to activate the bleaching agent.
- Your dentist will decide if take-home treatment would help to make your teeth even whiter.
- You’ll learn how to maintain the results for as long as possible. For example, using a straw to drink dark-colored liquids will help to keep your teeth sparkling white. If you follow your dentist’s instructions, your teeth can remain bright for up to two years.
If you’re ready for a dazzling smile, schedule your appointment today and begin your professional teeth whitening in Gainesville.