We are open - safety is our top priority!
Aging, along with lifestyle habits and other factors, can cause your teeth to become stained and discolored over time. However, a gleaming white smile is easily attained with a professional dental whitening.
Why Is Professional Teeth Whitening Better?
Professional dental whitening has several advantages over the do-it-yourself products, such as:
- Professional products are stronger than the do-it-yourself products.
- Professional dental whitening is performed in a dental office and monitored by a professional, which can eliminate accidents and pain.
- Professional whitening products work faster, so you’ll notice more dramatic results in a shorter time.
- Professional care is recommended for those whose enamel is stained due to smoking, drinking dark-colored beverages, and eating certain foods.
- Your color will be more even.
- Your dentist will know if there are contraindications to the teeth whitening procedure.
Even though teeth whitening is a fairly straightforward procedure, there are instances where it may not provide the desired results. If you have had reconstructive dentistry, your artificial teeth may not react the same to the teeth whitening bleach, and you’ll have multi-colored teeth. Your teeth bleaching dentist can recommend alternatives to the bleaching process, so you can attain the beautiful white smile that you want.
Before your teeth bleaching dentist begins your teeth whitening treatment, they’ll thoroughly examine your teeth to ensure that you’re a good candidate for the procedure and that you get the results you want. Several options are available for achieving whiter teeth, so call our office if you have questions or ask your dentist during your examination.
Can I Whiten My Teeth at Home?
Although the over-the-counter kits aren’t as effective as our professional products, we can provide a custom whitening kit that uses the same products we use. We’ll need to make impressions of your teeth to fabricate the whitening trays. Then, we’ll provide a teeth whitening gel that can lighten your teeth by up to six shades when the trays are worn for an hour each day for two consecutive weeks. If you’re interested in this type of procedure, call our Gainesville office for more information.
Is Professional Teeth Bleaching Expensive?
Your teeth bleaching cost will be unique to you and will be influenced by several factors that include:
- The type of teeth whitening system and products you select.
- The number of treatments that you’ll need.
- The number of follow-up appointments you’ll need.
- The repairs needed to even out your tooth color or correct any other issues.
- Any insurance coverage you have.
During your initial visit to our office, we’ll evaluate the condition of your teeth and your objectives, and then we’ll provide you with an accurate estimate of the cost of your teeth whitening in Gainesville. Call us to schedule an appointment if you’re interested in whiter teeth and a more beautiful smile.
What’s the Difference Between Professional Products and At-home Whitening Kits?
When you have professional teeth bleaching in our Gainesville office, your dentist will be with you at every step to check your progress. We use a powerful whitening gel that works more quickly and more reliably than the products for teeth whitening at home that are available from the local pharmacy. Although your choice of products is more varied at the pharmacy, they are less effective and can cause irritation or uneven results when used incorrectly. Since we monitor your procedure and use stronger products, you’re assured of a better outcome than that provided by do-it-yourself teeth whitening products that have no professional attention.
What’s the Teeth Whitening Process?
Several types of teeth whitening systems are available, and your exact procedure will vary somewhat depending on the type of system you select. However, you’ll generally experience the following steps when you come to our office for a teeth whitening procedure:
- The first step will be to clean and examine your teeth.
- We’ll probably take photos of your teeth so that we can monitor the progress of your whitening process. The photos will also help us determine the shade of your teeth.
- We’ll place a cheek retractor in your mouth. This helps to expose your teeth as well as protect your sensitive mouth tissues from the bleaching solution.
- We’ll apply a protective liquid to your gums for additional protection from the bleaching solution.
- We’ll apply the first coat of the bleaching gel to your teeth, and it will be left on for a preset amount of time and then removed. We’ll apply subsequent layers of the bleaching gel and then remove them until we reach the desired whiteness level.
- We may use a special, intense light to enhance the whitening effect of the gel.
- After we’ve removed the final layer of the whitening gel, your dentist will evaluate the color of your teeth and determine if you need additional follow-up visits or if you need at-home treatments.
If you’re interested in a gleaming white smile that you’re proud to show to the world, then call Tioga Dental & Orthodontics to schedule an appointment. Cosmetic teeth whitening is one of the best ways to boost your self-confidence and self-esteem, so call us today. We look forward to speaking with you.