COVID-19 Safety Message: Visit our practice with confidence – your safety is our top concern.
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Why Should I Visit a Dentist When My Teeth Look and Feel Good?
Scheduling routine checkups will help ensure that your teeth stay looking and feeling fine. Most dental problems, such as cavities, don’t have any symptoms until they have progressed to an advanced stage. Call our office to schedule an appointment to help keep your pearly whites in good health.
What are the Duties of a General Dentist?
A dentist general practice treats people of all ages; he or she is your primary dental health professional who provides preventative, restorative and cosmetic care.
General Dentistry Services
We offer comprehensive dental care, including these services:
- Tooth Repair & Replacement – We repair decayed, fractured or broken teeth, plus we offer options to replace missing teeth.
- Crowns – Crowns are restorations cemented on teeth that need strength or teeth that have an unsightly appearance.
- Porcelain Crowns – Beautiful porcelain crowns can help enhance your smile. As porcelain looks natural, no one will know that your tooth is capped.
- Dental Bonding – You can have chipped or discolored teeth covered in composite resin, which our dentist will carve so the tooth being repaired will look exactly like the healthy surrounding teeth.
- Dental Bridges – Bridges are an affordable, simple way to replace a missing tooth and restore your smile.
- Fillings – Once a dentist removes decay from your tooth, the whole left by the cavity has to be filled to protect against further decay.
- Composite Fillings – Composite fillings, also called white fillings, are a healthy alternative to amalgam (metal) fillings.
- Porcelain Fillings – Porcelain fillings are custom made in a lab and then cemented into place, so they look much smoother than composite fillings.
- Laser Dentistry – At our general dental office, we incorporate laser dentistry to ease our patient’s discomfort.
- Laughing Gas – Calming laughing gas is ideal for apprehensive patients.
- Sealants – Sealants are a dental treatment that protects cavity-prone molars with a thin coating, so bacteria cannot adhere to the teeth.
Do I Really Need to See a Dentist Every Six Months?
Yes, without x-rays, you may never know about decay until it becomes painful. Call us today to schedule your exam.
What Would I Pay for an Appointment at a General Family Dentistry Practice?
Our fee for general dentistry services depends on what treatments or procedures you need to have done. If you have dental insurance, let us know and we can estimate your co-pay.
How Does a General Dentist Clean Teeth?
Generally, the dental hygienist will clean your teeth by removing the cavity-causing plaque and tartar. He or she will also floss your teeth and give you a fluoride rinse.
How Long Should I Allot for an Appointment with a General Dentist Near Me?
Routine visits last about an hour; if you’re having extensive work done, your appointment may last for several hours. Before scheduling your appointment, ask how long your visit will take so that you are not rushed.
Is There Anything I Need to Do Before Visiting a New General Dentist in Gainesville?
Before you see our general dentist, our staff will ask for your medical history and a list of your medications. Please arrive on time and bring your dental insurance card. Contact us today to arrange your initial examination.